Saturday, February 5, 2011

Weird Things People Say

First off let me start this post by saying that I am pretty sensitive these days. I am really emotional and it doesn't take much to bring my loss to the front of my mind (if it isn't already there). Also, I try my best to give grace to people especially if they don't know our situation.

Well today, Lee, Luke, Nathan, and I went to get haircuts (Nathan didn't get one obviously). The lady saw that we had two boys and of course doted on Nathan. When we got to the chair she said,

"YOU ARE SOOOOO LUCKY YOU ONLY HAVE BOYS. THEY ARE SOOOOO MUCH EASIER."

Obviously it took my breath away and I had to hold back my emotions. I just wanted to say, "I AM BLESSED TO HAVE MY BOYS, BUT I WISH I HAD MY BABY GIRL WITH ME, BUT SHE IS GONE." Of course, I said nothing. I thought of it the whole time she was doing my hair and have thought about it since.

I give grace to her, but it really makes me think, "I hope I've never said anything that has hurt someone who has gone or is going through something really difficult." I am sure that I have and I pray that God forgives me and those people have forgiven me as well. I think we just really need to think before we say stuff.

I have countless friends who have struggled with infertility, miscarriage, and even stillbirth and infant loss. To hear the things they've been told breaks my heart. I just pray that God puts a guard over my mouth in every area, but especially in accidentally hurting someone who is already hurting.

No comments:

Post a Comment