Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

One year ago, Memorial Day Weekend 2010, is such a strong memory. I remember being 17 weeks pregnant (and looking about 25 weeks pregnant) and being a week away from finding out the babies' genders. I was so eager to find out so we could name them, buy stuff, and put together their nursery. It was also one of those times that we said, "This time next year, we will have two 7 month old baby twins to bring to the beach." Lee and I, as well as our family, looked so forward to so many things with the babies, just like we did when we were pregnant with Luke. So when we went to the beach this weekend, I couldn't help but be a little sad. I know that sounds strange since we are so blessed to have our two precious boys, but I do get sad when I realize she isn't here. All of those plans and hopes are not going to happen the way we planned and hoped. I just have to remember that God's plan is greater than ours and my hope is in Him and my future. I am often reminded of the verse, Jeremiah 29:11 –

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

No comments:

Post a Comment